1. Have no false gods. Hmmm how do we know whose god is false? Zeus, Thor, and Ganesh were all pretty neat to their followers, but do Americans worship them? Maybe in the case of Thor and Loki, depending on the box office business.
2. No idol worship. Wahhh- does that mean I can’t bow down to American Idol?
3. No misuse of gods name. Holy $#@$$! That makes my vocabulary pretty boring if I can’t throw in a couple of curses once in a while.
4. Keep holy the Sabbath. Now that is one that everybody gets right! Superbowl Sunday is the greatest!
5 Honor thy father and mother, or mother and mother or father and father. No, seriously, if you treat the parents right, they will be more willing to take you back when you lose your job and charge you reduced rent on your old bedroom. They may also keep you on their health insurance until you are 26.
By that time you should be launched on the stormy seas of life. Or not.
6. Thou shalt not do murder. Duh! Wait, wait, unless you are in the military, drive drunk, are defending your house from intruders, or go insane with PTSD.
7. No fooling around with those who you only have a passing aquantaince with and are spoken for by another. Well, we know how that worked out.
8. No stealing. Yeah right.
9. No lieing. What , no cheating on taxes, no fibbing on Facebook, no plagerism of the Bible?
How boring do you want your life to be anyway?
10. This is the big one.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods! That means get you hands off my Tesla!